Cumberland Island (Ga.)
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Correspondence, family records, photos, and artifacts from Beatrice Lang. Corresondence includes personal and business-related matters. The bulk of the collection cosists of biographical materials on various Lang family members. It should be noted, that the Mary Givens Bryan collection was held and donated by Beatrice Lang, but is considered a seperate collection.
This collection contains the 1959 records of the Camden County Industrial Commission, which had been formed by the Board of Camden County Commissioners (BOCCC) earlier in the year. The 7 folders include correspondence, reports to the BOCCC, surveys, and print materials from the United States Chamber of Commerce.
This photograph collection primarily depicts the Carnegie estate buildings (, workers, gardens, statuary, and grounds on Cumberland Island. Photographs were taken in the early 1900s when Samuel Bealey was superintendent of Dungeness.
In addition are three contemporary photographs depicting other locations: Central Park in New York City, an unidentified location, and the 1912 11th District Masonic Convection (Mr. Bealey was a member of the Masons).
The letter was written by Mary Nightingale, the wife of Phineas Miller Nightingale, from Dungeness home on Cumberland Island on March 3,1837. Mary writes to a friend, Miss Jane Botts, a resident of Jamaica, Long Island, New York.
In the letter, Mary refers to family (nieces and nephews), life on Cumberland Island, and her husband.